OVERVIEW OF OUR CURRICULUM
St. Ignatius college is a Catholic Learning Institution which is owned by the Society of Jesus (Jesuits). The College offers Secondary Education under the Examination Council of Zambia (ECZ) at junior (grade 8 and 9) and School Certificate O-Levels at grade 12. It is also offers school Certificate ‘O – levels under Cambridge International Assessment Examination (CIAE)
A wide range of subject combinations are offered under four departments: – Natural Science Department, Social Science Department, Languages Department and Commercial/guidance and counselling.
- Our Natural Science Department offers: Pure Physics, Pure Chemistry, Science, Biology and Agriculture science at senior Secondary; and agriculture science and integrated Science at junior. Our Science Laboratories are state of the art and are fully equipped to do any Science practicals. The science teachers are all first-degree holders and are well experienced in their fields.
- Our Mathematics and Computer Studies Department has a fully equipped IT laboratory staffed by trained teachers. All learners take IT lessons, through a well-planned program of action. The department also offers Mathematics at all levels, including Geometry, Algebra, Calculus, and Statistics at apprpriate grade levels according to the ECZ curriculum.
- Our Languages Department offers English Language, English Literature, and French as an elective to our students. French is emphasized as an important language in the world we live in. It is the official language in more than 25 countries and is an important language in international relations and politics.
- Our Social Science Department offers Geography, History, Civic Education and Religious Education at senior secondary School and Social Studies at junior. Being a Christian school, Religious Education is compulsory to all pupils from grades 8-12.
- Our Business Studies Department offers commercial subjects such as Commerce, Principles of Accounts and Business Studies.
LEARNER SUPPORT PROGRAM
The college has a robust learner support program to assist low achievers, which is hosted in our Library at our Academic Support Center.
The program runs from Monday to Thursday, during the second prep period (15:40-16:30). The learners under this program are helped to with study skills, are given additional educational material and are assisted in development of reading skills.